The system through which we can use thermal solar Energy consists of a concentrate, which is composed of reflecting surfaces that intercept, concentrate and reflect solar radiation, directing it to the receptor in charge of capturing this concentrated radiation and introducing it into the system. Since the aim is to concentrate the solar rays on the surface of the receptor, the concentrating system must have a control mechanism that allows it to move towards the sun, following its track to always focus on it. Once the concentrated radiation reaches the receptor, it is converted into thermal energy through an energy transfer to the working fluid. Lastly, the thermal energy conversion system transforms this energy into electric energy.
There are three types of technologies:
Central Receptor Tower Technology
Concentrated CCP Technology
Hybrid Technologies (ISCC)
The most common incidents in CPS plants can be classified in the following areas:
- Incidents in CCP field
- Incidents in HTF fields or Molten Salts
- Incidents in areas of the Power Island
- Incidents in areas of Auxiliary Equipment
- Inspections and Revisions of General Plant or of both main and auxiliary equipment.
- “Due diligence” audits.
- Revision of basic and detailed Engineering.
- Insured products’ Management.
- Incident and Machinery breakdown Management.
- Incident revisions with Budgets and Engineering.
- Energy assets management, including associate service contracts.
- Cause Analysis Reports (RCA).
- Economic and Profitability Analysis.
- Coordination and management of work during plant stops.
- Elaboration and management of protocols, procedures, work permits, execution methods, specifications, etc.
- Management for the direct execution of works, enlargement or modifications.
- Planning for Construction Execution and Commissioning.